Saturday 24 May 2008

Kidman confirms pregnancy reports

Oscar-winning actress Nicole Kidman has confirmed that she is expecting a baby with her singer husband Keith Urban.
The 40-year-old Australian star has pulled out of filming for her next movie 'The Reader'.
Kidman's publicist, Wendy Day, confirmed the news in a statement, saying: "Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban confirmed today that they are expecting a baby. The couple are thrilled."
Referring to Kidman's decision to pull out of her next movie, her publicist said: "I understand she's had to withdraw from the film and therefore she's had to give them the reason, and therefore she's now able to confirm that she's pregnant."
"I don't know how far pregnant she is, or when the baby's due. She just simply rang me and said, 'Wendy I always told you I would tell you first, and I'd confirm it and you could make the appropriate announcement'."
Kidman and Urban married in 2006. The actress already has two adopted children from her marriage to actor Tom Cruise, 15-year-old Isabella and 12-year-old Conor.